Whether you’re over 70, over 80, over 90 or even over the grand old age of 100, there’s no upper age limit on travel insurance from Age UK, the merger between two of Britain’s all-time favourite elderly charities, Age Concern and Help the Aged.
Cover Choices for holiday insurance over 70
- Single Trip – 150 days
- Annual – 31, 45 days per trip (inc. Winter Sports)
- Winter Sports – up to 17 days
- Discounts for groups of 10 or more adults travelling in the UK
- Children under 18 covered free
- Up to £10 million for medical emergencies abroad
- Up to £500 if your carer falls ill
- Up to £5,000 for cancellation
- Up to £1,500 if your holiday firm goes bankrupt
- Up to £1,000 for medical equipment against theft, loss or damage
- 24-hour emergency medical assistance
- Free before-you-go helpline for info on visas, passports, inoculations, time zones, bank opening hours, etc.
Pre-existing medical conditions
Age UK policies cover most pre-existing medical conditions. The online screening process is straightforward and you’ll get an instant quote.
Before they can calculate the premium, you’ll be asked if you’ve ever had treatment for:
- Cancer, leukaemia or tumour in the last 5 years
- Breathing conditions, including asthma if you’ve needed hospital treatment, nebuliser or oxygen
- Heart or cardiac problems
- Circulatory conditions (eg DVT, stroke)
They’ll also ask about any hospital stays, tests, investigations or referrals to a specialist consultant in the last year.
Older travellers with serious medical conditions, eg heart/lung transplant, or with a cocktail of conditions eg blackouts, swollen ankles, taking more than 4 meds with dosage increased in the last 4 months, can’t be covered under the standard Age UK policy.
They’ll refer you to specialist broker P J Hayman & Co’s Free Spirit scheme.
Website: Age UK
Tel: 0845 600 3348 8am-8pm Mon to Fri; 9am-5pm Sat