What is Pub & Restaurant Insurance?

28/08/2013 -- Admin
Rate this: 
Average: 4 (1 vote)
Share this: 

Pub and Restaurant insurance provides financial protection against loss or damage to businesses working in the food and drinks sector.

Businesses can range from traditional greasy spoons to upmarket continental-style pavement cafes, village coffee shops to gourmet sandwich bars, fish and chip shops, Indian and Chinese takeaways to city wine bars, trendy theme restaurants and everything in between.

Types of businesses include:

  • Bars & Cafes
  • Clubs & Cocktail Bars
  • Coffee Shops
  • Delicatessan
  • Bistros
  • Licensed & Unlicensed Restaurants
  • Mobile caterers and burger vans
  • Outside caterers
  • Nightclubs
  • Pubs & Inns:
    • Independent Public Houses
    • Managed Public Houses
    • Tenanted Public Houses
    • Independent Public Houses with restaurant
  • Sandwich Bars
  • Takeaways including
    • Far East & Chinese, Cantonese and Thai
    • Burger bars and vans
    • European cuisine: Greek, Tapas
    • Middle east - Turkish, Palastinian, Israeli, Kebab
    • Fish and Chips
    • Asian and Indian
    • Pizza
    • Rest of World
  • Wine Bars

A comprehensive business insurance package will shield your restaurant, bistro, cafe, nightclub, wine bar, inn, pub, fish & chip shop or takeaway business against the most damaging losses.

It will also meet your legal obligations to compensate employees and customers who are harmed by your business in any way.

If disaster does strike, a good insurance policy will get your business get up and running sooner rather than later.

Depending on your individual circumstances and your attitude to risk, your insurance will cover:

  • Buildings/catering unit
  • Business interruption
  • Trade contents and stock
  • Loss of license
  • Trade credit insurance
  • Goods in transit
  • Engineering failure
  • Loss of money
  • Employee theft
  • Accidental damage by customers
  • Customers' and employees' personal effects
  • Liability cover for you & your belongings
  • Legal expenses
  • Book debts
  • Computer breakdown

Employers' Liability insurance is required by law, as is Public Liability if you offer guest rooms and caters for over 6 guests.

You may also need cover for:

  • Motor Vehicle liability
  • Product liability