About Shop Insurance

20/06/2013 -- Mary Simpson
Rate this: 
Average: 2 (1 vote)
Share this: 

Retail & Shop Insurance

Whether you're a butcher, baker, grocer, jeweller, hairdresser or newsagent with a corner shop, the last thing you need is to be worrying about all the things that could go wrong.

A comprehensive retail and shop insurance package will give you the peace of mind to let you concentrate on what you do best - running your business.

Only two types of insurance are required by law - employers liability insurance and motor vehicle insurance, if your business has employees and operates cars/vans.

Although not compulsory, public liability insurance is vital as this ensures your legal responsibilities are met if the business causes damage or injury to a third party or their property.

Depending on your individual needs, shop insurance can include:

Optional extras

  • Employee travel insurance
  • Personal accident/sickness
  • Computer breakdown
  • Loss of liquor licence
  • Employee theft
  • Book debts
  • Glass/Sign replacement service
  • Inflation protection
  • Seasonal increases for stock

How much Insurance and the cost?

No two retail outlets are the same, so it’s impossible to give a one price fits all.  Thoroughly research your market before you buy.

You'll find that shop insurance policies vary widely in terms of the premium you pay, the level of cover you get, the excess (how much you pay if you have to make a claim) and the service you receive.