5/06/2013 -- Admin
Share this: 
Rate this: 
Average: 5 (1 vote)

Travel to a World of Destinations

Travelling internationally, for business or pleasure means you will need an appropriate travel insurance policy.

Not all regions have reciprocal health arrangements with the UK and our Government advises taking out travel insurance to cover requirements such as repatriation, even in Europe where the Free EHIC is valid.

"The EHIC is NOT an alternative to travel insurance. It will not cover any private medical healthcare or the cost of things such as mountain rescue in ski resorts, repatriation to the UK or lost or stolen property". Source NHS: Free EHIC | Introduction

Different types of policies are needed for different regions and countries, for example USA policies generally provide greater medical health coverage.

Choosing the appropriate insurance policy requires information about:

  • where you travel to
  • the purpose of your trip
  • the levels of risk you accept
  • existing arrangements for UK citizens

The information provided by country is intended as starting point and links to additional, specialised websites are provided to validate information and seek current government advice.

  • MASTA (Medical Advisory Services for Travellers Abroad)
  • Fit for Travel (NHS)
  • BBC Website
  • Travel vaccines/health (

For up to date travel warnings/advisories check out -

United Kingdom - Foreign and Commonwealth Office (

Travel Destinations

Insurers generally group countries according to their region and the region you select will affect the cost of your cover. Below are Citybond Suretravel's defined Geographical area(s) for insurance reasons: