Live well and travel more for less with a 25% online discount
Sainsbury's has come a long way since John James and Mary Ann Sainsbury opened the first shop in London's Drury Lane back in 1869.
The first supermarket to open a bank in the UK, Nectar Card holders get up to 25% discount when they buy travel insurance online.
- Annual Multi Trip - 60 days (aged 74 and under).
- Single Trip - 59 days (aged 79 and under).
- Extended Trip - 365 days (aged 16 - 40).
- Winter sports - 24 days (under age 65).
- Golf cover
There are 2 cover levels - Standard and Basic. Sainsbury's Annual Standard travel insurance won a 5* rating from defaqto in 2013.
- up to £10 million for medical emergency & repatriation (£2.5m Basic)
- up to £5,000 if you have to cancel your holiday (£2,500 Basic)
- up to £1,000 if you miss your departure (nil Basic)
- up to £1,500 for lost baggage (£1,250 Basic)
- up to £250 for travel delay (£200 Basic)
- 24-hour emergency helpline
There's no cover for travel disruption with Basic, not good if you book your own flights and accommodation, and no winter sports or golf options.
Pre-existing medical conditions
If you've ever had a stroke, cancer, heart attack or heart-related condition, including angina, or been treated for breathing problems, you'll be referred to the medical helpline for approval.
Some conditions may mean that you have to pay extra to ensure you're fully covered for a medical emergency abroad.
You won't get cover if you travel against doctor's advice, for medical treatment abroad or for any pre-existing medical conditions you don't disclose.
According to the Foreign & Commonwealth Office, 1 in 5 people risk invalidating their insurance by not declaring an existing condition.
They think they're OK because they take medication to manage it.
Don't be one of them.
Remember to let your insurer know if your health circumstances change (eg new medication or diagnosis) after you take out the policy so that you'll still be covered.
If you use your EHIC card for medical expenses, you won't have to pay any excess.
Earn points when you shop on the high street, online and at Sainsbury's. Spend rewards not just in Sainsbury's but over 500 online partner e-shops including ASOS, Next, Homebase, Apple and British Gas.
- 2 points per £1 spent in Sainsbury's stores
- 1 point per litre of fuel
- 1 point per bag reused in-store
Purchases of foreign currency earn points too. Pick up an application form from Sainsbury's, Homebase or BP, or visit nectar.com to register.
Nectar Credit Card
- 4 points per £1 on Sainsbury's shopping
- 1 point per £1 fuel
- 1 point for every £5 spent elsewhere
No points for foreign currency purchases.
Tel: 0800 316 1453 Mon - Fri 8am-8pm, Sat 8am-7pm & Sun 9am-5pm.
Travel insurance is provided through Sainsbury's Bank and underwritten by Great Lakes Reinsurance (UK) PLC.