If you’re surfing comparison sites for cheap travel insurance, don’t forget to check out Direct Line for discount deals.
Regular promos include things like 12 months’ Annual Trip cover for the price of 10, with 10% off other insurance buys (eg, car, home or pet) for you or anyone in your household if you take out travel insurance with them.
Not on comparison websites, you can only buy direct, either by phone or online.
- Single Trip – No upper age limit. Max. trip length: 90 days if you’re under 60; if aged 60 or over, 42 days.
- Annual Trip – For under 75s only. Economical for frequent travellers. 120 days of cover in total per year. Max. individual journey: 42 days.
- Discoverer – For under 55s only. Designed for long stay/backpacking trips of 3 - 18 months: 365 days Europe, 550 days Worldwide.
- Winter Sports option – up to 22 days
- Business Travel option
- Medical expenses abroad: £10 million
- Trip cancellation: £5,000
- Cover if your airline/accommodation provider goes bust: £5,000
- Personal belongings: £1,500 (£1,000 Discoverer). Single item limit: £250. Total valuables limit: £250.
- New for old replacement (not clothing)
- Personal money: £500
- Lost passport: £250
- Personal liability: £2m
- 24-hour worldwide assistance including repatriation to the UK
- Personal accident: £25,000
- Discounts for families and children
Pre-Existing Medical Conditions
Tel: 0845 246 8704 Lines open: 8am-9pm Mon – Fri; 9am-5pm Sat & 10-5pm Sun.
Website: Direct Line