Home | Travel | Business | Bookmark this site!
Business Insurance

Hospitality Sector Insurance

Hotel Insurance

What is it?Why is it required?What is covered / excluded?Do I Need it?
How much & costHotel Insurance Quotes
Person Running From A Hotel On Fire

What is Hotel Insurance?

Hotel, Guest House and B&B insurance

Running a hotel, guest house or Bed & Breakfast establishment is rewarding but challenging due to the number of potential pitfalls.

Unfortunately, too, the hospitality sector is often one of the first areas to suffer in a credit crunch. So it's even more crucial to ensure you don't fork out unnecessary amounts for insurance premiums, or leave your business vulnerable to expensive lawsuits and losses.

Flooding or a fire at the premises, an outbreak of food poisoning or lawsuits from disgruntled staff or guests could spell financial ruin which is why it is so important to protect your business from risks.

Standard buildings and contents insurance isn't enough, as you won't be covered if staff or guests injure themselves on your premises.

Cheaper quotes

Many hotels, b&bs and guest houses will save considerable sums if they can take time out of running the business to review their existing policies and compare new quotes.

The right commercial insurance package for you should give you the peace of mind to let you concentrate on what you do best - running your business.

Hotel insurance protects your business against loss or damage. Depending on your individual needs and your attitude to risk, it will include cover for:

A Person Slipping On A Wet Floor
  • Buildings
  • Business interruption
  • Trade contents and stock
  • Accidental damage by guests
  • Guests' and employees' personal effects
  • Liability cover for you & your belongings
  • Employee theft
  • Loss of money
  • Loss of liquor licence
  • Goods in transit
  • Engineering failure
  • Trade Credit Insurance
  • Legal Expenses
  • Book debts
  • Computer breakdown

As well as these, you need to ensure that your legal responsibilities are met if the business causes damage or injury to other people (a third party) or their property.

Employers' Liability insurance is compulsory, as is Public Liability if you have more than 6 guests but other areas of liability that you may need cover for include:

  • Product liability
  • Motor Vehicle liability